Skip to content
Did you know :
- Australia has the worst mammal extinction rate in the world with 30 native mammals becoming extinct since European settlement.
- Globally, 1 out of 3 mammal extinctions in the last 200 years have occurred in Australia.
- More than 1,700 species of animals and plants are currently listed by the Australian Government as being at risk of extinction.
- This is due mainly to loss of habitat through clearing of vegetation and the emergence of feral hunters – particularly cats.
SO WE’RE TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO HELP !
WOODiWiLD is establishing micro-forests on Aussie farms with funding from this simple on-line school fundraiser :
- The school’s parents and supporters fund the planting of trees for $10 each and the school receives $2 for each tree planted.
- We plant the trees with Aussie farmers and create the school’s micro-forest.
- You receive a unique map reference for your tree and can follow the growth of the micro-forest on Google Maps on our website.
- Combining all of the school micro-forests will create The Great Aussie Schools’ Forest – a patchwork of new habitat for our threatened species – see the map below.
PICK YOUR SCHOOL FROM THE LIST TO HELP OUR WILDLIFE !